Search for Web 2.0 Tools

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Eyeball tool

I remember working with my dad when we were building the house ( I was about 12) during which time I heard on more than one occasion that I had crooked eyeballs.  After playing the Eyeball game, I feel confident that I probably have straighter eyeballs than he does.  I am thinking about challenging him to a game to see who really has the crooked eyeballs.

Here is a quick view as to what the Eyeball game is all about.

1.  First this game can be used during down times, where you might have some "free time" with your students.  You know when you have an early release, or 20 minute classes because of an assembly.

2.  Go to http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/

3.  Each section of the game give you parts of a geometric shape.  Your goal is to complete the shape as closes as you can, by dragging the "Square" into the correct position, in this case to make a parallelogram.




4.  After you let go of your left mouse button, a "green" set of line segments will appear to show you how close you were to getting the shape correct.  It scores you down at the bottom.  Click next to go to the next shape.






















5.  Your scores will appear to the right.  You need to play 3 rounds so that your scores can be averaged.



6.  One of the really cool things I like about this game is that you now get to see how you did compared to the last 10,000 games.  As you can see I don't have the worst eyeballs, but I don't have the best either.  I might need to play a few more times.

















If you know any other great games like this make a note of it in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment