Search for Web 2.0 Tools

Monday, August 5, 2013

Google Search: Create an instant countdown timer using Google Search.

I love this Google tool.  I wish I would have seen it sooner.  Google, though now has a timer.  It is extremely easy to use and within a second you can get a timer ready for your students.  I plan on using this to moderate my lesson plan times this year.

Tutorial

1.  In your browser using www.google.com, all you need to do is start typing a timer phrase using the word "Timer."  Hit enter and your timer begins a count down.  You can stop it, reset it, mute and unmute the sound. 


2.  If you are using Google Chrome, all you need to do is type the timer phrase in the URL address box, hit enter and your timer will appear and begin to count down.  There is an example below.
 


Definitely cool stuff.  Next time I have to give a Standardized text, I am using this time.  Comment below to let the community know how you are using online timers in your classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment